Fixing our floats after the fundraiser
Hi everyone sorry for the late posting but I wanted to give everyone an update to our very first fundraiser held on Feb 26th at the Lighthouse Pub in Sechelt.
We primary used the funds to fixed our three floats, make a few more bouys for the 2018 season.
In March we pushed two out of three floats to shore and added structural integrity by replaces a number of the large wooden beams to the outside of the floats.
We also took our newly aquired float from 2018 and removed the rubber mat was connecting the two smaller floats some how and bolted them together.
We then connected all three of our floats together in our new space at the marina which will allow for better launching and landing our out boats.
With a little help we recovered some old bouys from the old Snake Bay Sailing Club era and we found on the beach so we are reconditioning them for this future use.
While $300 in pressure treated lumber doesn’t look like a lot it certainly has improved the stability of our floats. We have also started a bouy fund to replaces those bouys that happen to go missing through out the summer.
We couldn’t be happier with the progress we made for our little club and we look forward to seeing you out on the water this year.